thinking about thinking



THINKING ABOUT THINKING

I drift into an unknown imagining,
Speak to myself, I do.
After sunset, when the veins flush with blood,
My eyes finally find sight.
I think about thinking and decide I am gifted.

I ponder over life, I conclude on its mockable pose, how it fools even brainier mortals.
I want to know the feeling of feeling, a feeling that escapes our soul before we could record it, cherish it.
I wish to scream at the unblinking stars, but I remember the gag.

The night, with his kindly gaze looks down upon my kind, who think when the common mind is meant to sleep. I laugh. I feel flattered.
I feel an envenomed buzz of a stone in my stomach. 
Every note from that masterly pianist astounds and I am in awe. I wish I could climb as high as it.
I circle around pointless innuendos and find myself worse off. Where does this end?
Death. Then I don't want it to end.

Life is drama? Perfunctory? Repetitive?! That's funny.
Every blink I record a blip of life. Gone. Slipped away from my nonexistent grasp. I wish I could record it. Darn it, I've missed another. And another. I'll try again tomorrow.
I open a book with a will to read, and I'm already lost in between the lines, drawn by the spaces left by the author for us to be ensnared by. 
I forgot what we were talking about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Symbolism of Severus Snape (Part 1)

Fake News: Impact of an Untold Pandemic

The Symbolism of Severus Snape (Part 2)